CBS Television Stations
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Overall responsibility for competitiveness of news coverage
• Must be able to generate story ideas and be proactive when handling story tips. Researching follow ups on past stories is a must.
• Manage and coordinate coverage of news through efficient use of resources.
• Work with Managing Editor, reporters, photographers and producers to generate content for all platforms.
• Ability to write news stories for broadcast and website.
• Ability to proficiently use desktop editing and other computer systems.
• Participate in station social media strategies.
• Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Results-Oriented, Dependable, Detail-Oriented, Courteous
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
• 1 to 3 years in broadcast newsroom, desirable.