CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES+ for Paramount+. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount + and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
CBS3/KYW-TV and CW Philly 57, the CBS-owned and operated television stations in Philadelphia, has an opening for on-air Anchor/Reporter. Preferred candidates will have extensive anchoring and reporting experience, outstanding writing, and verbal communications skills, possess a comprehensive understanding of television news production, and be able to handle live breaking news both in the studio and in the field. Candidates must be adept in interviewing and have impeccable news judgment! Anchor/Reporter will be required to contribute special reports and be actively engaged with social media. Must be willing to attend station events and make appearances as needed. The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic newsroom leader and be able to work effectively with others in a deadline-driven team environment!
- BA or BS in Journalism, Communications, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years television anchor/reporter experience in medium/large market
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to ad-lib easily in various types of situations
- Strong live reporting skills
- Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to present scripts with clarity and energy
- Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts
- Proven record of contributing story ideas
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia area and area news, events, government, and communities
- Well-versed in a wide variety of subjects to include local, state, and national affairs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with a variety of computer applications for news as well as MS Applications
- Bi-lingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1njy-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.