CBS Sports, a year-round leader in television sports, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including ''NFL ON CBS;'' college football, including the ''SEC ON CBS;'' college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; and ''CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.''
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour home of CBS Sports, and produces ''INSIDE THE NFL'' for SHOWTIME. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
ViacomCBS is seeking a Manager, Human Resources to serve as a business partner to CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network. The position is based in New York City and reports to the VP, Human Resources, CBS Sports. This position is responsible for implementing HR solutions within the Sports organization to directly impact business issues and improve business performance.
The CBS Sports employee population consists of employees who are staff and non-staff, union and non-union. The HR Manager will have a significant amount of discretion and accountability when working with the client group on day-to-day operations. You will partner with the VP, Human Resources on long range strategic decisions, new programs, and finding solutions to complex situations. The Sports HR team will also collaborate with centers of excellence that sit within the Corporate HR function. The HR COEs provide a broad range of HR guidance for achieving business objectives that include talent management, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, change management, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, compensation, and recruitment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Use global perspective to partner with Department Heads of assigned groups to orchestrate issues related to organizational re-structure (i.e., optimal org structure, selection of impacted staff, change management, talent evaluation and retention, etc.).
• Work with client groups as needed to ensure robust and effective goal setting and Performance Development process is conducted on a timely basis.
• Client support and coaching: Advise people leaders on topics that include organization structure, leadership effectiveness, team dynamics and talent planning. Develop and implement programs to raise the performance of people leaders and individual contributors.
• Provide coaching from entry level employees to EVPs across the Sports organization.
• Provide counsel to Dept. Heads, people leaders and employees on all employee relations matters; figure out underlying issues, brainstorm on solutions; document process and follow up as needed
• Interface with the law department and labor relations on matters involving Sports' union employees
• Advise management in appropriate resolution of complex or sensitive employee relations
• Ensure employees feel connected to the organization. Support mission and values in ways that support business objectives. Ensure programs support the culture for the business unit and partner with assigned client leaders to execute on business unit specific programs
• Identify, recommend, and coordinate individual and group training as needed
• Partner with Learning and Development to recommend methodology for individual and organizational development
• Understand client group's staffing needs and partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure a diverse slate of qualified candidates are being sourced and referred to department in timely manner
• Lead the critical hire process for client groups and provide necessary documentation for position approval
• Run the exit interview processes; figure out any trends and take a proactive approach to resolve future issues
• Work with clients to update job descriptions as needed. Partner with Compensation Department on job evaluation, promotions, salary adjustments, new positions, etc.
• Ensure communication flow of compensation related issues is delivered timely and appropriately to people leaders
• Ad hoc reports and analysis in the areas of headcount, turnover and org charts as needed
• Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience as an HR Business Partner
• SHRM-CP or PHR Certification a plus!
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Media and/or Sports experience a plus
• Proven knowledge of employment laws and sound HR principles
• Effective business partner with ability to influence senior management and drive organizational efficiency
• Shown ability to deliver client focused HR solutions to business problems
• Strategic problem solver with the ability to tactically translate ideas to workable solutions
• Proven ability to deliver operational excellence and strong time management skills to multitask in a fast paced, vibrant environment
• Proven good judgment and ability to work autonomously or as part of high functioning team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of interpersonal and diplomacy skills
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxm3x-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.