The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Working on the CBS News Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for writing and maintaining production code for a high-volume, content management system collaboration with Product, Design, Marketing, QA, Operations and Editorial teams.
Being a full member of the agile team, you will take part in all regular meetings and plannings.
You will work both independently and together with the other partners on assigned tasks and projects that will fit your skills and abilities.
This position offers you the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally, with career growth potential to boot!
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Extensive PHP ability
• Solid MySQL experience
• Symfony Framework or other industry-standard MVC frameworks (Laravel)
• Frontend - JS/Typescript/JQuery, HTML/CSS, AJAX
• Node.JS/Go/Python with a deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming, Design, data structures, and algorithms
• Test-driven development - unit testing
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
You might also have:
• Knowledge on queues and event-driven architecture
• Knowledge on Microservices
• Web Components - React/Angular/Vue
• Experience with Cloud based technologies such as Helm, Kubernetes, Jenkins, AWS
• Interacting with 3rd-party APIs
• Server-side skills (Linux/Unix), including scripting
• Worked with Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Experience with video container formats, transmuting and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS)
• Agile development
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7jxp-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.