Overview & Responsibilities:
CBS News is seeking a dynamic Verification Producer for its newly formed CBS News Confirmed team. This dedicated team of verification experts and forensic journalists is devoted to protecting the truth and maintaining the highest journalistic standards across all CBS News platforms.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in the best practices of video verification, forensic journalism and producing multiplatform editorial content.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyzing and verifying social and digital content using digital forensics and visual analysis.
• Researching and synthesizing information from various sources and platforms, to uncover critical insights and develop compelling news stories.
• Affirm social media and other video content through interviews with eyewitnesses and collaborating with field teams.
• Participate in interdepartmental brainstorms, offering feedback and perspective.
• Must be able and willing to work newsroom hours, which includes nights, weekends and holidays – especially around critical political events.
• 5+ years' experience as a multiplatform producer within news or factual content
• Proven expertise verifying user-generated content with a knowledge of open-source intelligence techniques
• Previous experience writing compelling digital news pieces and scripts for on-air broadcast or radio with a demonstrated portfolio of work
• Knowledge of video verification and fact-checking utilizing forensic journalism techniques. Experience analyzing and verifying Deepfake video and knowledge of generative AI a plus
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment and perform at the highest levels under tight deadlines
• Collaborative team player who is able to work successfully with multiple internal and external stakeholders, journalists and sources.
• Expertly skilled in writing, grammar and AP style background
• Upholds and reflects the standard of excellence and journalistic integrity of
Hiring Salary Range: $120,000.00 - 120,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2wn2-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.