News Writer, Curbed
New York, NY
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES+ for Paramount+. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount + and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
The Evening News Sr. Writer/Editor writes and edits anchor copy, headlines, and teases. The editor also writes stories and essays for the anchor. The copy editor also reads and edits correspondents' scripts for the broadcast, and is in charge of editing the copy written by other writers on the show. The copy editor is responsible for the editorial and factual accuracy of the anchor copy, headlines, and teases, and supervises and schedules the other writers on the broadcast.
The Sr. Writer/editor coordinates the graphics and video that appear with anchor copy, headlines, and teases.
Sr. Writer/editor reports to the Senior Broadcast producers as well as to the Executive Producer and the Managing Editor.
The position requires:
• Membership in the Writers' Guild of America.
• At least 5 years of writing experience in a major market or network.
• Ability to write and edit under tight deadlines in a busy news environment.
• Occasional travel with the anchor team to remote anchor locations.
• Excellent communication and planning skills.
• Participation in all editorial and production planning meetings for the broadcast.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Radio news writing experience is helpful.
• Position requires availability to work any day or shift in a news cycle, as determined by broadcast management.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e6kk-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Original reporting and trusted news with content and perspective found nowhere else.