CBS Mornings is seeking a creative and enthusiastic producer with strong editorial judgment and excellent writing skills based in Washington, DC.! This Producer will pitch, write and develop hard news and feature stories for day of air and future planning. The ideal candidate will enjoy working under deadline and coordinate closely with correspondents and senior members of the team to produce visually compelling stories. It is essential this producer can take initiative by making calls and coming up with creative angles and bookings during a fast-paced news cycle. Candidates should have some camera experience and be able to travel as needed.
• 5+ years of editorial experience working in production is preferred.
• Experience in a fast-paced control room environment
• Firm command of current events and political issues is a requirement.
• Must have proven news judgment and experience chasing breaking news.
• Must be an excellent writer with well-developed oral communication skills, especially when working on sensitive stories.
• Thrives in fast paced and time-critical situations.
• Ability to shoot video from the field is preferred.
• Must be willing to work Sunday-Thursday, 2p – 10p schedule
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpe7m0-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.