CBS News, News Associate Program (Freelance - DC)
CBS News is seeking candidates for the News Associates Program in DC. This is a competitive, entry-level program aimed at placing emerging journalists throughout CBS News. News Associates rotate among CBS News broadcasts and departments.
This is an on-site freelance position based out of DC.
• Work with newsroom management to support news coverage and show production
• Conduct research and fact-checking
• Transcribe footage and sourcing images for the production teams.
• Run scripts
• Assist on shoots
• Monitor sources, including social media, wires, and local/national news to assist in newsgathering efforts
• Pitch stories for various platforms
• Attend planning and creative meetings
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or related field
• Prior journalism experience
• Must be willing to work on-site with some local travel for field shoots
• Candidates should be prepared to work various shifts including overnights, holidays, and weekends
• Must have a strong knowledge of news and current events
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Should have the ability to multi-task, is highly organized, and detail-oriented
• Proficiency in shooting and video editing preferred
• Proper work authorization to be employed within the United States
Hiring Salary Range: $$21.00 per hr..
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rov196-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.