Associate Digital Line Producer
CBS Television Stations
Studio City, CA
CBSNews.com is hiring a managing editor to oversee news coverage across the West. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history of managing digital news teams and assigning and editing content across a variety of beats.
This is a hybrid role. You will be required to work 2-3 days per week from our bureau in Los Angeles.
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Managing writers and producers in your region
• Reacting to breaking news in your region
• Assigning and editing quick-turn news of day stories, explainers and longer enterprise features
• Ensuring copy is accurate and error-free, consulting with legal and standards as needed
• Working closely with our growth, SEO, social and breaking news teams to coordinate and amplify coverage
• Communicating with CBS Stations leadership on top regional priorities and executing strategies to amplify that news coverage
• Working across network teams with correspondents and producers to develop content for the site
• Writing stories as needed
• At least 7 years in a digital breaking news environment
• Experience directly managing teams and working cross-functionally to achieve newsroom goals
• You're a skilled writer and editor with demonstrated experience coaching writers and producers
• You're an effective communicator who can clearly articulate strategy and priorities to your team, your peers and senior leadership
• Understanding of and experience implementing editorial SEO best practices
• You have experience implementing new workflows and processes to strengthen a digital news organization
Hiring Salary Range: $125,000.00 - 150,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv86vw-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.