CBS News is seeking an energetic Director of Operations for our Washington DC Bureau. This person will lead by example, helping support the editorial teams drive exceptional coverage and production in the nation's capital.
The selected candidate should be a people-minded, highly competitive leader who knows how to collaborate and inspire a strong team across technical, production and program operations.
You will lead an ambitious team by leveraging your contemporary technical and operational know-how to ensure professional, proactive and industry-leading support for the Bureau's newsgathering and program production.
The Director of Operations will create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains the best in the business.
The ability to react quickly to breaking news and make decisions on the run is critical to this role. You must also be a team player collaborating across teams and maintaining consistent communication with teams nationally.
The candidate should have leadership experience in a fast-paced media environment, be a solutions-oriented visionary, a skilled communicator and have exceptional command of the operation roles within the Bureau.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Demonstrate high level engagement in a passion for helping support CBS News story-telling and content initiatives.
• Have strong experience leading technical, operational and studio production staff.
• Be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news in partnership with our special events teams as necessary
• Identify, grow and encourage talent while helping create defined career paths
• Build relationships across the news and operations landscape to expand our content output across multiple Viacom/CBS platforms and formats
• Understand the importance of communicating across multiple platforms to meet the demands of changing technology and consumers with a consistent eye on what's next and how we leverage the latest thinking
• Help drive efficiency and effectiveness by questioning how we do things and proposing solutions for the future.
• Have contemporary understanding of technology developments and how to make the most of them.
• Provide timely and constructive feedback across the operations and technical landscape.
• Manage the budgetary aspects of Operations team in an effective and financially prudent manner
• Identify and secure resources to ensure the operation is able to effectively execute the demands of our productions.
Qualifications: The Director of Operations will have demonstrated excellence as an inclusive leader with significant technical, operational and production experience or stand-out achievement in at least one of these categories. He/she must have strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across the organization. Ability to collaborate with and across all levels of the organization is critical. The selected candidate must demonstrate a track record of progressive media leadership experience at a network bureau, broadcast station, online or digital news outlet. He/she must have strong organizational and communication (oral and written) skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities to help move CBS News into the future. Experience working in a unionized environment is a plus.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zebv-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.