Digital Journalist/Associate Producer (DC)
CBS News is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time Associate Producer/Digital Journalist with great multitasking abilities! The primary duty of a DJ involves producing and shooting quality, compelling and creative visual content. The DJ is expected to respond to breaking news stories and direct a field team to be in place to report for all platforms. When the situation warrants, the DJ can act as a sole camera operator with a correspondent. The DJ will regularly pitch ideas, contribute to original reporting, enterprise stories and the ability to work well under pressure to make deadline. A candidate must possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic and enthusiasm.
• Shoot for breaking news, day of air, features.
• Able to quickly turn around critical information for air, verifying its accuracy while simultaneously getting interviews and video coverage of the news event.
• Ensure that all pictures and sound are of the highest quality and accurately recorded.
• Coordinates transmission windows for live shots and feeds to the bureaus
• Provide creative input, pitch, and develop/execute original pieces
• Arrange interviews and location shots and produce content under strict deadlines.
• Maintain camera gear and keep it up to date in working order.
• Ability to shoot and edit video.
• Demonstrate an ability to set an overall visual look for assignments.
• Strong writing/reporting/package assembly skills
• Proactive, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images.
• Able to quickly turn around critical information for air - verifying its accuracy - while simultaneously getting live phone interviews, live video, transmissions and/or taped coverage of the news event.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities under difficult conditions.
• Work long hours when warranted, working through regular days off, weekends and overnight as this role supports a 24/7 business
• Able to travel for assignments for that could last days or weeks and abroad.
• Tolerate being out in the elements during extreme weather events such as hurricanes and blizzards
• Strong editorial, logistical and technical skills are essential.
• In depth understanding of newsgathering
• Trouble-shoot quickly and efficiently in a variety of circumstances.
• Take ownership of situations and take issues to resolution.
• Phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to listen and receive feedback.
• Work under deadline pressure.
• Have a driver's license.
• 3 years' + experience as a reporter/MMJ/producer or extensive field production experience at a news organization
• Proven experience in the field, managing story development and leading newsgathering efforts, especially in breaking news.
• Bachelors' degree in Journalism, or related field preferred
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25y17-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.