DEADLINE TO APPLY: August 21, 2022
CBS News is seeking candidates for the News Associates Program, a competitive, entry-level program aimed at placing emerging journalists throughout CBS News. News Associates rotate among CBS News broadcasts and departments including 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, CBS Sunday Morning, CBS Evening News, CBS Mornings, Special Events, and Streaming.
This is an on-site freelance position with a tentative start date of late September 2022 (subject to change).
• Work with newsroom management to support news coverage and show production
• Conduct research and fact-checking
• Transcribe footage and sourcing images for the production teams.
• Run scripts
• Assist on shoots
• Monitor sources, including social media, wires, and local/national news to assist in newsgathering efforts
• Pitch stories for various platforms
• Attend planning and creative meetings
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or related field
• Prior journalism experience
• Must be willing to work on-site with some local travel for field shoots
• Candidates should be prepared to work various shifts including overnights, holidays, and weekends
• Must have a strong knowledge of news and current events
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Should have the ability to multi-task, is highly organized, and detail-oriented
• Proficiency in shooting and video editing preferred
• Proper work authorization to be employed within the United States
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zj26-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.