This is an entry-level position supporting the CBS Mornings staff. The ideal candidate is a collaborator with exceptional organizational skills, is detail-oriented and can multi-task and keep a calm head under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
• General news desk duties (answer telephones, screen viewer mail/email, receive and distribute mail for entire staff, various administrative assignments).
• Help with gathering story elements, developing story pitches, and producing stories.
• Set up logistics for Zoom interviews and log interviews for producers.
• Attend editorial meetings as needed.
Schedule: Monday – Friday from 3AM – 11AM, with ability to work alternate shifts as needed. This role is 100% in person.
• Internship or comparable experience working on a news broadcast.
• College degree desired.
• Able to work under pressure and under strict deadlines.
• Effective communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours (including overnights), holidays and/or weekends.
Hiring Salary Range: $45,000.00 - 50,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe5e9-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.