The CBS News Washington Assignment Desk is looking for a Broadcast Associate (BA) with a strong passion for journalism, Washington politics and policy. The BA is someone who the team relies on for extensive research and administrative duties through the week. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required, including the ability to adjust to breaking news quickly. The BA must have a strong interest in Washington politics and policy.
This position will include late night and/or weekend responsibilities.
• Work with the newsroom team, such as Assignment Editors, Producers and Associate Producers to capture elements and research for on-air packages and digital stories.
• Serve as extensive researcher on a variety of topics.
• Disseminate editorial notes to the news division.
• Make calls during breaking news stories, and fact-check.
• This position requires very strong social media skills, including proficiency with social media platforms which include, but not limited to - Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related discipline preferred.
• Internship or comparable experience working in broadcast, cable or digital news is a plus.
• Knowledge of broadcast networks and stations/markets a plus.
• Available to work various schedules.
• Knowledge of various social media platforms, and how to craft language for news posts.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented.
• Candidate must be a team player, and work well under pressure/tight deadlines while maintaining a positive outlook.
• The ability to think and act proactively is an enormous asset.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4p47v-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.