On-Air Correspondent - CBS Radio
New York, NY
CBS Audio Network and CBS News Radio seek a strong candidate to lead our podcasting team and initiatives. A focuses on the business, production, and marketing of podcasting across the entire portfolio. We create hit original podcasts based on popular IP like, Face the Nation, 48 Hours, and CBS Sunday Morning. This leader will be part of the senior team reasonable for managing our current catalog of shows and developing new opportunities, with a keen understanding of the on-demand digital audio space, production, and a sense of digital audio ad sales. This hands-on role requires the ability to work directly to support the show(s) and editorial staff's work along with outside third parties.
In addition to the current slate of shows, the Podcast EP will be responsible for creating and developing new content to expand into the audio space. The Podcast EP will be charged with exploring and developing new formats, executing new creative strategies, and creating and building on the audio storytelling platform established by CBS News and CBS Audio Podcast Universe.
The ideal candidate should have a strong news sensibility and be an experienced producer and audio storyteller who is well-versed in conversations around news, politics, pop culture, and race.
Proven track record of success producing content in news, entertainment/music or sports.
REQUIREMENTS AND GENERAL SKILLS:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Top-notch spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
• Meticulous attention to details; strong organizational skills
• Ability to get things done through formal channels and an informal network
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
• Strong analytical, prioritization, problem-solving and negotiating skills
• Willingness to work off-hours
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
• Strong audio editing skills and knowledge of podcasting and audio streaming
• Extensive experience with content management systems
• Experience in uploading content and FTP systems.
• Experience working with scheduling databases or project management software a plus
Original reporting and trusted news with content and perspective found nowhere else.