CBS Newspath is seeking an Associate Producer with a strong dedication to journalism to coordinate Newspath news production and newsgathering operations! This position helps manage Newspath's response to breaking news and responds to video and editorial requests from CBS broadcasts, owned stations, affiliates, and clients. Excellent people/customer service skills are required. The AP is also responsible for editing and publishing Newspath video and scripts and assisting in the transmission and distribution of live video, edited video, and correspondent packages.
Candidate must be familiar with all major social media platforms and vehicles for engaging audiences on a digital level. This includes - but is not limited to - Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Instagram Stories, and YouTube. A part of this position's editorial responsibilities is to be able to spot viral and pre-trending content and turn it around for our brand. You must be proficient in the feel and standard processes for social-friendly videos (including rights & clearances).
The position requires weekend and late night hours and may also include overnight responsibilities when news warrants.
• 3 years local and/or network TV news experience or show producer experience preferred.
• Requires strong editorial judgement & excellent writing skills.
• Strong editing skills a must. Avid preferable.
• Requires highly developed relationship building skills.
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment is essential.
• A focus on multi-media content is required.
• Understanding TV newsgathering and transmission technology.
• Knowledge of regional television markets and station relationships a plus.
• Degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d20277-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.