VP Digital Distribution
New York, NY
The Metadata Media Specialist, MultiPlatform Distribution (MPD) will be responsible for the metadata capture, validation, and quality assurance of incoming assets for MPD's media workloads. This process also consists of enforcing metadata tagging models (including the monitoring and correction of machine learning applications). The Metadata Media Specialist will work with various internal and external stakeholders, including product owners, senior managers, and department managers, to continually enhance MPD's content aggregation workflows for current and future business opportunities.
• Focus on the metadata maintenance and quality assurance of incoming assets for global distribution platforms.
• Curate incoming assets to automate the assets' lifecycles as well as maximize the assets' value for present and future business use cases.
• Maintain guidelines and procedures for consistent content organization, tag management, and metadata governance.
• Assist in the testing, creation, and implementation of guidelines and procedures for content tagging opportunities to support future business requirements.
• Continual focus to optimize and/or eliminate workflows applied to content processing.
• Interface with technical teams as needed to refine applications and processes.
• Train and support others on the use of operational applications and processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and talents:
• A passion for media and entertainment is desired.
• Extreme attention to detail is a requirement.
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry relating to one or more of the following areas - metadata management, digital video and audio, asset management systems/platforms, multimedia formats, and international localization
• 3+ years of experience with content management practices, video/audio formats and standards
• Knowledge of production and media supply chain's workflows and best practices
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task under shifting deadlines within a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated, results-oriented team player
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.