Media Distribution Specialist, Multiplatform Distribution
New York, NY
The Multi-Platform Media Distribution Specialist works as the liaison between clients and internal facility, fulfilling purchase orders for video and file processing and manufacture. This position ensures that all client needs are met, to the fullest satisfaction, in the most efficient and cost-effective method. The Media Distribution Specialist creates all digital file-based deliverables, is responsible for QC of those assets and delivery to external broadcasters.
• Provide customer service to cable networks, international broadcasters, syndication, and streaming customers.
• Generate internal work orders that direct the activity of technical, scheduling, library, shipping and billing staff members.
• High volume digital file creation via transcode, auto QC initiation and review, and file delivery via multiple platforms.
• Reconciliation of purchase orders, services, and rates.
• Manage complex data spreadsheets and systems.
• Work with internal and external clients for end-to-end order fulfillment.
• Responsible for generating internal work orders, writing and processing external Purchase Orders.
• Follow through to ensure all production obstacles are overcome and that MPD's goals and requirements are met.
• Correspond with internal departments.
• Creatively resolve technical and resource issues.
• Research source materials.
• Provide budgets and potential delivery information to legal and sales.
• Metadata research and delivery to customers, in their specified formats.
• Organizing material for deliverables with our vendor.
• Escalation of any delays to a manager in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and talents:
• A passion for media and entertainment is a must.
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry relating to one or more of the following areas - metadata management, digital video and .audio, asset management systems/platforms, multimedia formats, international or syndication.
• 1+ years of experience with customer service, content management practices, video/audio formats and standards.
• Knowledge of production and media supply chain's workflows and best practices.
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task under shifting deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated, team player who is results-oriented.
• Willingness to learn fundamental elements of cloud-based concepts.
• Bi-lingual would be an asset.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.