Creative Producer, Audio Ads Creative Studio
Santa Monica, CA
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Star Trek Franchise Management team is looking for a Manager to support the growth of the Star Trek brand and its expanding content universe!
The ideal candidate will be adept at the development and execution of franchise programs, tools, and consumer facing content initiatives for the Star Trek franchise. In this role, the Manager works closely with franchise management leadership to ensure efficient communication and collaboration between the franchise management team as well as its internal and external content development partners. They work effectively with collaborators and partners of all levels and possess great communication skills. They thrive in rapidly changing circumstances and can shift gears to provide support wherever it is most needed with a strong focus on team and brand content goals. They understand the macro view of overarching business goals while being adept at diving deep into project details. This position reports into the Vice President of Brand Development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with Star Trek Franchise Management content team to handle key story projects and initiatives for the Star Trek Franchise.
• Work closely with VP Star Trek Brand Development and Director Star Trek Archive to handle existing projects and priorities as well as identify and implement new resources and needs.
• Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams across a variety of locations and businesses as well as show productions.
• Copy editing and provide qualitative feedback on Star Trek related books, magazines, games, marketing copy and more.
• Collaborate with team, producers, and others to develop and handle expanded universe content and brand extensions to collect new audiences.
• Build and lead positive relationships and work effectively with a wide range of internal and external collaborators of all levels to ensure alignment with key franchise objectives.
• Find opportunities and develop strategies for expanding Star Trek audience to new fans through new and existing storytelling means.
• Assist with internal projects to organize, create, and deploy tools including, but not limited to, documents, visual guidelines, knowledge bases, and DAM systems.
Types of decisions made by this position:
• Ability to determine best and most effective way to build internal consensus on projects.
• Resolve best methods to reach key project achievements and deadlines.
Types of decisions that must be approved by superior:
• Strategic and business decisions such as marketing approach and campaign achievements.
• Overall strategy behind key brand development guidelines and tools.
• 5+ years of experience in film and/or TV or related entertainment field experience, preferably with a focus around handling consumer-facing projects with complex mythologies
• Relevant experience with a major studio, media, gaming, publishing, scripted film or television production, or entertainment marketing company.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Strong Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills, Adobe Creative Cloud skills a plus.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and team focus.
• Strong knowledge of Star Trek and or other fandom spaces preferred.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Ability to work and prioritize in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
• Self-starter with ability to operate with autonomy and discretion.
• Ability to collaborate with internal collaborators and external production partners.
• Strong teammate and focus a must.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qpjy-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.