The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
ViacomCBS Tech seeks a Lead DevOps Engineer for online television and media focused web properties. In this role, you will support cloud infrastructure and platforms that serve our customers. We have diverse infrastructure across a multi-cloud environment. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned DevOps Engineer to manage a wide range of technologies with an opportunity for optimization and modernization. We are looking for someone who is passionate about orchestrating systems that are reliable, well documented and monitored across multiple metrics. The right person will have managed systems at a large scale in the past and should not be intimidated by millions of unique monthly users.
• Lead the design and implementation of our public Cloud infrastructure including CI/CD, provisioning, sizing, and infrastructure as code
• Automate, automate and automate as much as possible.
• Design and deploy monitoring platforms across infrastructure, applications and networks
• Manage Linux clusters and containers using tools such as Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform
• Support our development teams across multiple properties in an agile environment
• Help guide ViacomCBS Tech's DevOps/SRE best practices and strategies
• Participate in on call rotation
• Lead the design and maintenance of our public cloud infrastructure
• Implementation of Infrastructure as Code for provisioning using tools such as Terraform
• Working with various development teams across multiple environments
• Build and manage large scale self-healing infrastructure
• Build internal tooling to support automation and maintenance of our operations
What you bring to the team:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 8+ years managing and monitoring Linux systems
• 5+ years leading the design and implementation of systems using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, and Ansible.
• 5+ years managing CI/CD workflows and processes
• 2+ years experience with programming languages such as Python, Go, Java, Perl, and PHP
• A deep understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures, experience in operating high performance, highly scalable, self-healing and fault-tolerant multi-tenant SaaS based applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work with 3rd parties and collaborate on solutions
You might also have -
• Past experience working on public clouds like AWS, GCP or Azure
• Experience working with security compliance tools for security posture management
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn3v1-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.