CBS Sports Digital -- a portfolio of premium digital sports media properties including CBSSports.com, CBS Sports HQ, 247Sports, MaxPreps and SportsLine -- is consistently ranked a top-three sports property, reaching more than 70M sports fans monthly across desktop, mobile, and connected TV devices. Our team is a diverse and agile group that successfully collaborates with the business to shape our department.
We are looking for a Technical Director to join our team at CBS Sports HQ, a 24/7 sports streaming network! The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and coordinating with the crew on Newscast pre-production activities, as well as coordinating with producers and talent in planning and execution of broadcasts.
• Set up and prepare the studio for each broadcast including lighting and camera framing
• Check in each guest/analyst via Skype, TVU, LiveU, Zoom, etc. including a full audio check
• Direct, switch, and operate audio during broadcasts. Show times and durations vary from 15 minutes to full hour broadcasts
• Collaborate with various ViacomCBS entities to connect guests and analysts
• Must be prepared for breaking news and postgame reactions throughout each shift at any time
• Work closely with CBS Sports Broadcast to craft compelling content for customers on CBS Sports Digital platforms
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• At least 2 years of ''hands-on'' experience in the technical direction of television newscasts
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Since the schedules will rotate, must have the ability to work all shifts, including weekends, overnights, and holidays. Also additional hours beyond scheduled shift may be added with little or no notice if needed
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with ELC OPERATIONS - calling and cutting News Broadcasts, Camera Robotics, Audio Consoles, Playout Servers, and Graphics Playback
• Extensive knowledge of video switchers, graphics systems, server playout systems, audio consoles and robotic camera systems is essential.
You might also have -
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Communications or equivalent
• Experience with Ross products including switchers, Inception and Xpression
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.