Social Media Manager
New York, NY
CBS News is seeking an innovative and hardworking Social Media Manager to join our fast-paced Social Media & Trending Content Team.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the standard methodologies of social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tik Tok, as confirmed by his or her active social media profiles and portfolio of work. They will understand the most current content strategies utilized by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines, and share language that best play to each of those platform's strategies. As the manager, you will have experience covering breaking news and the proven ability to write smart, catchy and accurate pieces on a variety of topics. Identify the most shareable and newsworthy nuggets from our various broadcast and streaming TV programs, then quickly spin them into social assets. Have the ability to identify which trending news stories are worth pursuing, give productive mentorship, and skillfully navigate problem-solving situations on the fly. You will be able and willing to work newsroom hours, as needed, which includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
The duties of the Social Media Producer will include, but will not be limited to:
• Translating CBS News television packages into digital videos tailored specifically to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Writing trending news stories for CBSNews.com
• Producing and editing shareable videos and quote graphics
• Proactively identifying stories and social activity trending online and how we can use it
• Composing social headlines and share language consistent with the CBS News brand
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3+ years of related social media experience and/or experience in a digital newsroom or production setting
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Deep knowledge of established and emerging platforms and standards of practice including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and TikTok
• Deep familiarity of social media audiences, standard methodologies and analytics
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong writing, grammar and AP style background- with proven portfolio of published work.
• Possess proven news judgment and instincts
• Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
You might also have -
• Graphic design and Photoshop skills strongly preferred
• Video editing experience
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.