Senior Motion Graphics Designer
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Our team is responsible for the creation and management of unique marketing concepts and executions to help promote ViacomCBS Streaming programming, tentpole events, paramountplus.com, and our premier streaming service: Paramount+. We directly support the Marketing, Network, and Executive teams to execute their market vision.
The individual hired for this role will report to the Sr. Creative Director, Digital Display Marketing at ViacomCBS Streaming's premier design studio in Burbank, California. Assets to be produced include but are not limited to key art, multi-show concepts, display ads, static social media ads, general marketing materials, promos, and custom email blasts. He/she will work in collaboration with other designers and partners in order to hit specific benchmarks throughout the year.
• Attend Creative Kick-offs with Designer Manager or Creative Director for various projects
• Meet daily with the Project Manager, Creative Director and Design Manager to review current hotlist
• Concept and build dynamic, groundbreaking digital marketing campaigns
• Familiarize yourself with current entertainment industry marketing trends as it relates to TV and digital streaming
• Constantly challenge yourself to learn new methodology, tips, and tricks in everything from photo manipulation and retouching to type design and production
• Maintain consistency in developing campaigns while adhering to brand guidelines
• Communicate with fellow designers and creative leads to flag problems and be proactive in every aspect of your work to ensure that deadlines are regularly met and problems are solved before they become blockers to on-time delivery
• Top-level digital assets to be produced include but are not limited to various forms of digital advertising across platforms in addition to full digital campaigns, presentations, print, press kits, outdoor advertising, display ads, and general marketing materials.
• NFL ON CBS, UEFA Champions League Soccer, SEC & NCAA College Football & Basketball and Pro Golf including both Masters & PGA Tournaments
• Originals like The Stand, Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Discovery, and The Good Fight
• Primetime rating grabbers including Young Sheldon, Big Brother, NCIS, and Survivor
• Fresh CBS Network hits like FBI, The Neighborhood, Magnum P.I., SEAL Team, and Bull
• Shows from the Viacom family of brands including Nickelodeon hits like Avatar & Spongebob Squarepants, VH1 hit RuPaul's Drag Race, MTV's The Challenge, and much more!
• The best Late Night TV featuring The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and The Late Late Show with James Corden, as well as The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
• Incredible LIVE Specials like The Grammys, The Tonys, and ACM Awards
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum of 6 years of Entertainment advertising experience.
• Able to present a solid portfolio showcasing cutting-edge marketing and graphic design.
• The ability to collaborate with team members, utilize different design and photo retouching/illustration techniques, helping developing multiple concepts, and supporting Design Managers with groundbreaking ideas to help drive campaigns.
• Solid understanding of common design issues, challenges, and guidelines.
• Familiarity with popular streaming services and current TV marketing, advertising, and programming trends.
• Confidence in your marketing and design prowess, with photo manipulation/comping/masking experience, and proficiency in Adobe's Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator). Retouching and color adjusting knowledge/experience a huge plus.
• The attitude to be an all-around team player, knowing that you'll go above and beyond the call of duty whenever necessary.
• The ability to learn and use internal processes, including formatting, file naming, and archiving.
You might also have -
• An interest in pop culture and understanding the current trajectory of new media.
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm, and a fine eye for detail.
• The ability to work both independently and with a team. You can proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders when necessary, and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.