CBS News Digital is looking for a writer-editor to cover a wide range of breaking news stories. You'll work with other editors and writers on our breaking news team to identify important stories and report them out and write or edit for CBSNews.com. You'll harness reporting resources from across CBS News and coordinate with CBSN, our 24/7 streaming network. The ideal candidate must have the ability to use powerful images and compelling sound to tell a story. Therefore we are looking for a candidate with non-linear editing skills. Experience editing with Grass Valley Stratus NLE system a plus , FTP and posting video on the web. The ability to accomplish pre-production elements for stories. This individual must be team player and work well with others in a sometimes stressful environment. Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays is also a required.
• Sharply written breaking news articles or live updates of fast-moving developing stories
• Coordinated coverage with live, streaming coverage from CBSN
• Smart ''Day 2'' analysis on big stories
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Bachelors degree
• Excellent writing and clear communication
• Minimum 2 years newsroom experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv16ow-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.