San Francisco, CA
The team for CBS All Access / Paramount+ is responsible for servicing ViacomCBS's premiere online content around the world! We're home to exclusive original shows (Star Trek: Picard, Twilight Zone, Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight) via our streaming service: CBS All Access / Paramount+. We also help millions of viewers consume and enjoy television hits (Late Night with Stephen Colbert, Survivor, etc.), movies and live television streaming.
Our team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to become one of the lead contributors for our backend services. We're a team that values software that exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability, extensibility, and foundational robustness. The right candidate is able to work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of groundbreaking languages and technologies.
• Design, build, and support high performance, scalable, and innovative backend systems/services
• Develop backend APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
• Collaborate with fellow engineers, product management, and QA teams to meet fixed deadlines
• Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for business and technology strategies
• Work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Help scale our API services/systems to cloud centric infrastructures and solutions
• Discover smarter ways to serve our content, whether algorithmically or via machine learning
• Discover reliable ways to lead, retrieve, store, and secure our data around the globe
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 10+ years of software engineering with a BS degree in Computer Science
• Excellent experience with Java and Spring/Spring Boot
• Strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design/development
• Understanding on how to scale systems in a cloud environment to handle high volume traffic
• Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.)
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
You might also have -
• Experience with RDBMs
• Experience with NoSQL solutions
• Experience with Search Technologies
• Experience with large data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Storm etc.
• Proven ability to understand the business and ability to contribute to technology direction that gives to measurable business improvements
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.