Director, Ad Sales Finance
New York, NY
As the Director of Business Operations & Strategy, ViacomCBS Digital Sales, you will work closely with the ViacomCBS Digital Sales senior leadership team as well as a wide-ranging set of partners including HR, finance, marketing, operations, corporate strategy, product development/innovation, research, and ViacomCBS brands. In your role, you will report and be a key strategic advisor and executional partner to the Senior Vice President, ViacomCBS Digital Sales Strategy by delivering across three core responsibilities: 1) supporting strategic planning and analysis, 2) identifying and structuring continuous improvement opportunities, and 3) leading and contributing to high-priority projects and initiatives. Sample projects include sizing new business opportunities, driving organizational design conversations, crafting all-hands programming, and leading the development of KPIs and disseminating key insights across sales teams.
The ideal candidate has a passion for and knowledge of the media/advertising ecosystem, can draw upon a wide range of experiences and frameworks to creatively tackle complex problems, has superior communication, presentation, and storytelling skills, can naturally and quickly develop relationships with a side set of partners, and is comfortable with crafting and implementing solutions and tactics at scale.
• Support strategic planning and high-priority management decisions
• Lead and contribute to the top organizational projects and initiatives on an ongoing or ad-hoc basis, working collaboratively across the global organization
• Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing final recommendations
• Identify and structure new improvement opportunities and projects
• Advise on and help drive the organizational agenda, Working with a cross-functional leadership team to keep everyone aligned on key business goals
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 10+ years of applicable experience
• MBA, corporate strategy and/or prior consulting experience preferred
• Ownership mentality and attention to detail
• Operational experience in a complex, fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
• Development and implementation of business policies
• Strong command of the media/advertising ecosystem, including programmatic and data-driven strategies and techniques
• Experience with large data sets, synthesizing insights, financial/operational modeling, and recommending actions from data
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Familiarity with various business functions (technology, finance, HR, marketing, product, content, distribution, etc.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and G Suite applications
• Familiarity with sales CRM and reporting tools, such as Salesforce & Tableau
FUNCTION: General Management
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.