New York, NY
CBS News Digital consists of CBSNews.com, CBSN and CBS News Social Accounts. CBS News Digital leads the marketplace with record streams, dedication to public service and with diversity & inclusion core to our mission. We're a forward-thinking news organization that founded its first free, 24-hour, live streaming service (CBSN) 6+ years ago. Today, CBSN continues to deliver trusted journalism and is available (for free) on over 20 devices and distribution partners like Samsung TV Plus, Fire TV News, Pluto, Xumo, Hulu and MSN.
The CBSN Associate Producer is a self-starter and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone with writing chops who collaborates well with our team.
The Associate Producer supports the shows with regard to video and graphics, while also taking direction from producers and senior producers. Primary responsibilities include production of our multimedia content for distribution to all digital platforms including mobile.
• Exercise editorial judgment in selection of content
• Write for feature and news packages, and write banners & quotes during breaking news
• Work with editors to turn around pre-taped segments
• Pitch & execute special, feature & recurring segments
• Support the development and production of digital media exclusive programming, writing and producing assigned features and cover stories
• Edit shows in accordance with our rights clearances
• Support special shows and projects as needed
• Production of our multimedia content for distribution to all digital platforms including mobile.
• Produces live and recorded segments including, but not limited to:
• Writing scripts for anchors, as well as research and write questions for anchors for guest segments
• Crafting and writing copy for graphics (including banners and full screens)
• Pulling specific video and soundbites
• Directing control room team during segments
• Coordinating with correspondents, guests, and anchors to inform them on segment subject matter
• Monitors live events
• Produces copy and gathers elements during breaking news
• Pitches and executes stories
• Produces sponsored segments, including coordinating with sales and originals teams on deliverables
• Writes headlines and captions for segments to be posted online
• Works with Digital Line Producers and editors to clean up and update segments after they air
• May also perform the responsibilities of Digital Associates.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3+ years work experience in broadcast and digital
• 1+ years experience in the control room
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news with smart programming and creative storytelling
• Strong communication skills to work successfully with different departments
• Extremely efficient with excellent time management skills
• Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management
• You are a self-starter who supports the shows with regard to video and graphics, while also taking direction from producers and senior producers.
• Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
You might also have -
• Knowledge about social media and the competitive digital news environment
• Familiarity with ENPS
• Basic video editing skills
• Experience shooting video is a plus.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.