Coordinator, Human Resources
Studio City, CA
Overview & Responsibilities:
CBS Studios is hiring a Director of Human Resources, for our Production department! The Production HR department is passionate about creating an inclusive environment that supports all of our people, professionally and personally, to ensure that we can bring our best selves to work and drive creativity, innovation and results by connecting with the rich diversity of our employees, audiences and partners. To support this objective, CBS Studios maintains a high-service HR delivery approach that provides each show, writers' room and post-production facility with a dedicated HR Production Partner, redefining what HR means to entertainment production in the industry and helping build and support a work environment where there is zero tolerance for harassment, discrimination and/or bullying, and where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
• HR Production Partner is accountable for the management of all HR activities – from day to day through the production lifecycle – on assigned portfolio of shows, writers' rooms, post facilities, and other productions or projects
• Responsible for ''point person'' or ''lead'' roles and special projects as assigned; for example, regionally-based projects; initiatives that deal with a specific subject matter (D&I; a specialized new process; a regional or team-wide initiative)
• The successful incumbent will demonstrate and possess the following attributes:
• excellent initiative, problem solving, and ''ownership'' of issues from initiation to conclusion with a spirit of ''arriving with solutions'' in mind and providing affirmative reporting on the issues rather than requiring more-than-occasional follow-up
• a positive, collaborative, team-oriented approach with an eye towards pitching in and volunteering to help teammates get the job done
• a proven ability to ''operate in the grey,'' managing HR communications and efforts consistent with the spirit of company directives while applying the appropriate tone, business judgment, and diplomacy to each unique creative, technical, and operational production environment they support
• ''above and beyond'' client-centric approach
• Directly manages the HR Manager in consultation with and reporting to the VP of HR
• May give some day to day direction to the HR Coordinator
• Partners with VP to provide senior-level HR support, advice, and counsel to senior show management such as showrunners, executive producers and senior show management
• Directly provides day-to-day HR support, advice and counsel to UPMs, Line Producers, and other production management and staff on all HR-related activities
• Expertise and strength as a technician in HR-related law, policy, and practice in their local jurisdiction with sufficient core knowledge to learn other jurisdictions as assigned
• Handles routine to moderately complex employee relations matters in consultation with and at the direction of the VP, along with Labor and the centralized Employee Relations team, for investigations into harassment, discrimination, or other complex or legally-based allegations
• Partners with Labor Relations and Employment Law for performance issues, staffing change/termination requests, and incident-based behavioral concerns, as needed.
• In conjunction with the Org & People Development COE and Production HR leadership, develop and facilitate customized classes, sessions, and programs for productions (i.e., leadership training, unconscious bias, career pathing, etc.)
• Main responsibility for ensuring all assigned productions, writers rooms, and post facilities timely receive all company-required trainings; may involve directly organizing and delivering, or directing the HR manager to organize training and development offerings
• Primary responsibility for generating timely and thorough periodic (weekly, monthly, etc.) reporting as requested by leadership
• The incumbent is expected to remain connected and available to do business consistent with the schedule of their television productions, which typically may involve considerable off hours support
• Other duties as assigned
7 to 10+ years' experience in a production-related environment, preferably entertainment, but individuals in other markets with the above-described attributes of a successful incumbent are encouraged to apply
PHR, SPHR, SHRM or other certification highly preferred; masters or higher work in HR, labor relations, business or related fields a plus
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk3qn-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.