Remote / Virtual
CBS Marketing is looking for a Director, Engineering to run a hybrid premise/cloud post production environment. In addition, you will provide guidance and support, aligning with appropriate stakeholders, to ensure all initiatives meet the strategic needs of CBS Marketing. Core responsibilities include directing and collaborating with in-house technology support groups and vendors, project management, establishing engineering standards, policies and processes, presenting budgets, and meeting with senior management.
• Provide engineering guidance, management, and support related to maintaining a hybrid on-premise/cloud post-production environment.
• Actively and consistently partner with the Director, Technology, to identify engineering requirements for developing and deploying cloud services, post-production systems and solutions, workflows, etc.
• Work closely with the SVP, Operations to identify strategic goals and priorities.
• Align with appropriate teams to identify goals, develop and evolve solutions, platforms as well as workflows to align with the strategic direction of CBS Marketing, while seeking opportunities to improve quality, productivity, and reduce costs.
• Manage a team of post-production based technology engineers.
• Assign, direct, and coordinate engineering-related projects with in-house technical support group, engineering departments, IS&G, and technology vendors, as it relates to infrastructure, integration, security, etc.
• Monitor, and troubleshoot technical issues (e.g., cloud services, on-premise hardware/software, automated workflows, data transport, etc.).
• Stay abreast of trends in creative, technology, and consumer fields and offer recommendations that further the business and company's strategic goals.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering/technical field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum eight years' experience managing and supporting a hybrid post-production on-premise/cloud environment.
• Experience with cloud computing platforms AWS, Azure and solutions such as Avid, Adobe Creative Suite, Teradici, Aspera, Telestream, Qumulo, Baton, etc.
• Comprehensive knowledge of post-production technology, workflows, operations, etc.
• Advanced knowledge in media processing/management (e.g. detailed understanding of CODECS, transcoding, frame rates, aspect ratio, color space and depth, cadence, drop frame, and basic broadcast media specifications).
• Advanced experience supporting NLE systems (e.g., Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, etc.), digital asset management systems
• Deep knowledge of API principles and practices (e.g., how to initiate an RPC, various flavors of API, differences in RPC commands, etc.)
• System administrative skills in scripting (e.g., BASH, Python, etc.) for both on-premise and cloud environments (e.g. scripting to pass functions and values, trigger secondary events, bridge the gap between dissimilar applications, scripting service monitoring tools, etc.)
• Ability to establish positive, effective working relationships at all levels
• Proficiency in writing technical documents for end users and technical support personnel
• Strong understanding of modern project management techniques and software.
• Able to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y368-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.