Digital Asset and Media Manager
New York, NY
The News Production Support Services team is part of the Technology team responsible for supporting CBS News' worldwide news organization, providing the CBS Television Network with regularly scheduled news and public affairs broadcasts, including 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, CBS Evening News, CBS This Morning, CBS Sunday Morning and Face the Nation as well as special reports. CBS News also provides CBS Newspath®, a television news syndication service that offers daily news coverage, sports highlights and news features to the CBS Television Network affiliates and other subscribers worldwide.
The Post-Production Specialist, News, provides hardware and software support for mission critical computer and technical systems required for external television news broadcasts. This position is a key technology role for supporting News television programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Provide post-production support across the television news programs
• Ensure the broadcast television news infrastructure is always in good order through proactive hardware and software maintenance, licensing, equipment upgrades and installations, system administration, and OS image creation and network deployments
• Manage numerous non-linear edit (NLE) clients, ingest, capture, storage, and transcode servers
• Independently troubleshoot and resolve anomalies in fast paced environment and execute best solutions to limit production downtime
• Recommend and execute technical workflow improvements '
* Bachelor's degree * 1 - 3 years in a live broadcast television news environment managing numerous non-linear edit systems (NLE) in non-fiction, network or high-volume production company
* Avid Certified Support Representative Certification
* Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe CC, Davinci Resolve, and Nucoda
* Knowledge of UHD/4K cameras, workflows, and trends
* Practical experience in post-production environments using video CODECs and complex file-based workflows using on-premises transcoding systems such as Telestream Vantage, Adobe Media Encoder, or cloud-centric video encode solutions
* System administration experience (Windows Server, Active Directory, and DNS)
* Working knowledge of IP networks, protocols, and hardware * Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively guide, support, and escalate anomalies for all end-users in a live 24/7 broadcast facility
* Working knowledge of Cisco switches, virtual machines, Microsoft image deployments using SCCM/MDT, Red Hat Linux, and file transport and automation systems (Aspera/Signiant)
* Experience in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple priorities
* Commitment to work flexible hours, early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
* Candidates who have worked as, Post-Production Managers, Post-Production Supervisors, Ingest Operators, Media Managers, or Broadcast Engineers are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8238-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.