The KSEE 24/CBS 47 has an immediate opening for a Spanish Language Digital Anchor and Producer who can help take our newsroom to the next level on new and emerging platforms. In this position you will join our digital team in creating unique Spanish-language content for our web and social media sites. Familiarity with AP Style writing, as well as using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to tell the stories of the day is required
• Takes part in our digital-first newsroom strategy.
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Google Analytics.
• Write and edit story content for our digital platforms.
• Produces and anchors Spanish-language stories or newscasts for digital platforms
• Use our Social Media and Website to drive viewers to our newscasts on television.
• Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly.
• Will research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
• Shoots, edits and writes news events and news reports for the website.
• Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
• Employment requires a Pre-employment criminal background check, Motor Vehicle Report, valid driver's license, Bachelor's degree, strong oral and written communication skills, must be fluent in Spanish and English, working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and WordPress.. Candidate must be a passionate team player and motivated self-starter.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned as needed.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.