The CBS4 Weekend News Anchor/Reporter serves as a primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
CBS4 in Indianapolis, is looking for someone to anchor the weekend and report three days a week.
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and external entities.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities to include public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field.
• Minimum three years' experience in news anchoring.
• Must possess the ability to interact well with anchors, reporters, producers, videographers, news managers, etc. with superior business acumen
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Superior/Flawless on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, etc.
• Ability to meet clock requirements, prioritize assignments and multitask simultaneously with execution showcasing your high level of experiences
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
• Again, Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field & a minimum of 3 years of anchoring experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67qq0-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.