WHP-TV/CBS21, Harrisburg, PA , News Department has an exciting opportunity for an AM Live Desk Anchor/Reporter. Your responsibilities will include turning breaking local, national, and international stories and to update our viewers on any Traffic for our AM Newscast that would include live pictures, just in video, and social media. Your job will be split with reporter duties daily that will include enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. A minimum of 3 years experience is preferred.
We're looking for someone with sharp news judgment, excellent technical skills, and the ability to work well independently. You will need to be able to write and edit quickly and bring urgency to breaking morning news. We need an aggressive rock star! Experience with live shots is required, experience with Live-U is a plus. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones,
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
• AM Alert Center and Traffic anchor
• Fill in anchor as needed
• Create, shoot, write and edit meaningful stories for the station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
• Provide news on-air as directed by the news management team
• Engaging with local community members
• Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors, etc.
Additionally, this person should have:
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• 3 years of experience as a Reporter
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
• in addition to television. You must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d985o9-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.