CBS21/WHP-TV, in Harrisburg, PA, has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative full-time Digital Content Producer. This person will work directly with station management to create strategic plans for retention and acquisition across all platforms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
• Posting accurate stories to web/social as desk/digital are integrated at our station
• Creating content for all platforms with an emphasis on digital
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Must have their pulse on the 24/7 news environment
• Must be extremely proficient with the use of multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Must be in tune with emerging social media
• Creative in cross promotions between on-air and on-line
• Video shooting and editing skills important
• A minimum of one year of newsroom experience
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• The ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national, and world news
• The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• A bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y30z-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.