WGME CBS 13/WPFO FOX 23 in Portland, Maine is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment and social media content. We hire talented people who wish to excel in the television and digital content industry. Our team filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We are currently seeking an energetic and creative full-time Executive Producer to oversee news content for overall fairness, balance and accuracy. In this role, you will produce daily newscast and oversee production of newscasts and special programming. You will lead a team of producers on creating and executing unique, compelling content as well as possess a strong writing and storytelling background and has forward thinking attitude coupled with the ability to think big picture. Be highly organized and a team player in a fast-paced environment and understand the power of social media. Bring your best to a coastal market with amazing food and ''vacationland'' lifestyle.
Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include:
• Oversee daily newscasts to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect and empower our audiences
• Supervise producers and reporters, as well as, review scripts and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling
• Manage news room and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
• Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create special segments
• Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
• Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
• A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
• Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
• Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
• Minimum of 2 years of experience producing in a television news environment or equivalent
• A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
• Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g38z54-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.