Capitol Music Group
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
The role will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of inbound license income.
How you'll CREATE:
• Receive and log publishing and master license income generated from all sources
• Review and book all incoming receipts into the royalty system which includes physical checks, wires, and inter-company transfers
• Prepare bank deposits as needed and maintain deposit logs of received income to facilitate the tracking and forecasting of future receipts
• Process license income on a manual and upload basis in order to report to our artists and publishing partners on an accurate and timely basis
• Research unmatched receipts and verify statement data accuracy within the royalty system
• Maintain integrity of the cross-reference database by mapping of 3rd party metadata to CCMG internal data
• Prepare journal entries for transactions affecting the assigned general ledger accounts, including routine month-end entries
• Prepare license income reconciliations as requested by UMG Corporate or UMPG
• As requested, assist in the research and analysis for royalty audits
• Maintain strong working relationships with other internal team members of the Accounting, Publishing, and A&R Admin teams, as well as external relationships such as UMG global and 3rd party royalty sources
• Other Duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• 1+ years' of relevant experience
• Solid knowledge of basic accounting and cash application principles
• Strong organizational skills
• Highly detail-oriented
• Intermediate Excel skills and a basic understanding of Access preferred
• Professional communication skills
• Ability to manage many ongoing tasks at a time
• Accounting degree preferred but will consider a music business degree combined with relevant work experience
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.