Full Time Job
Income Tracking Administrator
Capitol Music Group
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
This role exists to protect CCMG Publishing copyrights, maximize collections and profitability, and manage administrative processes resulting from CCMG Publishing contracts.
How you'll CREATE:
• Assist with analysis of income and royalty trends from streaming sources, mechanical societies, Performing Rights Organizations, sub-publishers, and other income streams
• Process adjustments to royalty postings as needed
• Calculate and process advances for writers
• Research, identify and chase any outstanding royalties due on licensed or un-licensed song uses
• Build custom writer, source, and song earnings reports as needed to assist with company decisions
• Process payment and recoupment of writer demo and travel expenses and collect on approved third party demo expense bill backs
• Process bill backs to administered clients for Copyright Office registrations
• Evaluate song and royalty payout setups in our Publishing Royalty System to ensure all royalties are properly processed and paid out to writers and administered catalogs correctly
• Track and audit earnings by royalty type for key writer cut lists
• Provide customer service to songwriters and business partners pertaining to royalties
• Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Familiarity with the Christian music industry
• General knowledge of music publishing and/or royalties or background in financial analysis
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Knowledge of publishing royalties
• Analytical ability and creative representation of data
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with diplomacy
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Four-year college degree
• Classes in math, finance, and/or accounting are a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
Capitol Music Group
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.