We are currently seeking an A&R Coordinator to be part of a very busy department and work closely with A&R at Capitol Music Group.
If you enjoy spreadsheets, numbers, scheduling, showing off your organizational skills, and assisting the creative A&R process from behind the scenes, this is the perfect job for you. Your days will include tracking important delivery paperwork, collecting and distributing audio, accounts payable activity, collaborating with artist/producer management, troubleshooting budget concerns with A&R, providing accurate and timely information to Senior Management and so much more.
How you'll CREATE:
• Analyzing and administering the recording budgets for an entire roster of recording projects in a variety of music genres.
• Managing all aspects of the Accounts Payable process in relation to recording budgets.
• Providing excellent customer service both internally and externally to all stakeholders throughout the recording process; ensuring timely payment, accuracy, and guidance throughout.
• Filing and processing of all union-related (SAG-AFTRA & AFM) contracts as applicable.
• Budget analysis, creation, and reforecasting.
• Manage Accounts Payable activity along with the corporate finance teams.
• Gathering required paperwork to ensure music is cleared for release into the marketplace.
• Liaise with senior management and A&R regarding the recording process and creative plan.
• Collaborate with A&R to issue Purchase Orders and authorize expenditures.
• Gather tax forms and union paperwork to ensure compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Prepare reports and project summaries as requested by various departments.
• Provide information as requested by the Royalties team.
• Assist the VP with monthly financial forecasting of project spend.
• Ensure accurate record-keeping for the purposes of proper documentation to indemnify the corporation.
• Collect, Deliver and vault audio masters for each project.
Bring your VIBE:
• Able to quickly gain proficiency in the proprietary systems (i.e., Uniport, R2 label copy system and Studio Hub).
• Excellent understanding of basic Accounts Payable procedures.
• Familiarity with budgeting, preferably in the recording industry.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets).
• Solid data entry skills with a very strong attention to
• Superior organizational and time-management abilities.
• Ability to multi-task on several projects at once.
• Experience in an A&R Administrator or similar role. Experience in the music industry preferred.
• College Degree Required
What's in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87z7k-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.