Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
We are seeking a highly-motivated accounting supervisor with a combination of technical accounting experience, strong people leadership skills and exceptional collaboration and customer service skills. Based in Los Angeles, this position will be focused on day-to-day operations and will be responsible for the oversight of invoicing, collections, client back-end reporting and outgoing payment review.
• Measure staff performance against benchmarks and standards to ensure departmental efficiency
• Provide team leadership and coaching via weekly 1:1 to help develop and inspire team members to achieve optimum potential
• Complete accruals quarterly to determine revenue accrued in accordance with company policy
• Maintain effective communication and information to agent's offices, clients, management, business affairs, and general counsel
• Reviews outstanding invoices with agents and take appropriate action to ensure collectability
• Verify the accuracy of outgoing checks and wire transfers
• Make effective independent decisions representing day-to-day issues that do not require team discussion or leadership approval
• Provide analysis (i.e. variance analytics), data, reports, and other relevant information when required
• Support special projects, company initiatives and/or process improvement initiatives as needed
• Additional responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees, assigning and coordinating work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
• 5+ years of progressive accounting and management experience
• Bachelor's or higher degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent field preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Entertainment accounting experience highly preferred
• Demonstrates leadership, interpersonal skills, communication and collaboration skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, complex projects within a matrix organization
• A strong understanding of financial concepts, such as accruals and deferred revenue
• Detailed-oriented, possessing strong analytical and organizational skills
• Experience managing processes and projects that involve collaborating with teams across the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team, including the coaching and development of direct reports.
• This role is based out of the Los Angeles office.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $74,400 - $90,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2k5j-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.