Trust Accounting Associate, Follow-Up (Crossover/Theatre)
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
We are seeking a professional to strengthen the accounting team. This position will be focused on various accounting tasks and will be responsible for providing accurate, timely accounting information to assist decision-making. This is a perfect opportunity for a professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic accounting environment. The primary responsibility of the Accounting Associate is to ensure timely invoicing and collection of client payments. Responsibilities will include basic accounts receivable/account payable duties, follow-up on client monies/outstanding invoices, data entry, billing. The Accounting Associate will also create and manage spreadsheets in Excel format that are customized to client needs and requests.
• Review contracts/bookings reports to ensure accurate information is inputted into the accounting system
• Investigate held checks or wires with client team to submit missing bookings
• Help agents and assistants with coordinating booking report submission questions
• Perform other accounting tasks as requested by Supervisors and management
• Escalate collection of missing booking reports, to Trust Accounting Supervisor, if no response in the defined timeframe
• Maintain communication with agents, assistants, managers, attorneys, studio contacts and the trust department; which will include in person meetings
• Perform month end close tasks for A/R – book revenue according to the revenue recognition policies and closing schedules are updated
• Perform accurate monthly billing adjustments, and the handling of billing questions and discrepancies
• Support the accounts receivable budget process by providing information and identifying variances; implement corrective actions
• Conduct monthly training for new agent assistants, including familiarizing them with trust accounting functions, as well as how to submit bookings
• Responsible for identifying and collecting on past due balances while maintaining positive relationships with our customers/clients
• Support with special projects, company initiatives and/or process improvements initiatives
• Collect/upload profit statements/update booking/invoicing supplier grids
• Bachelor's degree preferred; Must have 3+ years Finance/Accounting experience
• Experience reconciling accounts, statements, etc. and resolving discrepancies
• Entertainment experience is preferred
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work well with a team and represent the culture of the company
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage conflicting priorities
• Ability to succeed in a fast paced, highly demanding, high volume, dynamic, corporate environment
• Unimpeachable integrity and can be trusted to maintain confidential information
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• 10-key by touch
• Typing – 45 wpm min
• Good organizational skills; able to multi-task
• Will take initiative; ask for more work if needed
This role is based out of the New York office; Hybrid.
Compensation: The base hourly rate for this position is in the range of $25.00 - $29.00. Ultimately, wages may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q4j1-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.