CAA is seeking an Associate based in Los Angeles for a unique and highly visible position at the company. The candidate will report to the Head of M&A / Corporate Development, joining a small group of professionals with backgrounds in media & technology, consulting, investment banking and private equity, who serve as in-house advisors to CAA's executive leadership. The candidate will have the chance to work alongside various departments within the organization, including division heads and senior agents, gaining exposure to a wide-array of projects across different sectors of the media industry.
Role & Responsibilities
• Conduct due diligence and execute investment opportunities
• Build financial models, including bottoms-up financial statements and valuation analyses
• Create and present investment and strategy memos
• Conduct sector analyses, including market sizing, competitive landscape and trends
• Perform other critical tasks as directed
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 2 or more years of work experience in investment banking, consulting, corporate strategy or similar roles (preferably with direct experience in the media, entertainment or sports sectors)
• Interest in the media, entertainment and sports industries and a passion to learn
• Strong financial modeling skills for highly quantitative analyses
• Independent thinker with a point of view on the risks and rewards of new investment opportunities and strategic initiatives
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail in all deliverables
• Strong work ethic with a high level of responsiveness
• Ability to manage deadlines with a high level of responsibility and autonomy
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw88v2-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.