Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
CAA is seeking an Associate based in Los Angeles for a unique and highly visible position at the company. The candidate will report to the Head of M&A / Strategic Development, joining a small group of professionals with backgrounds in media & technology, consulting, investment banking and private equity, who serve as in-house advisors to CAA's executive leadership. The candidate will have the chance to work alongside various departments within the organization, including division heads and senior agents, gaining exposure to a wide array of projects across different sectors of the media industry.
• Conduct due diligence and execute investment opportunities
• Build financial models, including bottoms-up financial statements and valuation analyses
• Create and present investment and strategy memos
• Conduct sector analyses, including market sizing, competitive landscape and trends
• Perform other critical tasks as directed
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or a related discipline preferred
• 2+ years of work experience in investment banking, consulting, corporate strategy or similar roles (preferably with direct experience in the media, entertainment or sports sectors)
• Interest in the media, entertainment and sports industries and a passion to learn
• Strong financial modeling skills for highly quantitative analyses
• Independent thinker with a point of view on the risks and rewards of new investment opportunities and strategic initiatives
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail in all deliverables
• Strong work ethic with a high level of responsiveness
• Ability to manage deadlines with a high level of responsibility and autonomy
This role is based out of the Los Angeles office; Hybrid.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $95,000 -$130,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv250-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.