Los Angeles, CA
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, representing many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sports, fashion, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse global workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world.
The Strategic Communications executive will play a key role in creating and implementing external and internal communications strategies across a range of areas, including Digital Talent and Media, Music, Theatre, Games, Diversity/Inclusion, and Corporate Social Responsibility. Additionally, the executive will manage media relations for agency clients, as needed, and will always operate with integrity, inclusiveness, and purpose.
The Corporate Communications department manages global external communications on behalf of CAA, including media relations, speaking engagements, advertising, social media, and events. In addition, the department manages internal communications worldwide, including company announcements and meetings. The department also includes a Digital Marketing team, overseeing CAA's social media and web presence; and a Creative Services team of video editors and graphic designers.
• Partner with business leaders to understand their strategic objectives and create communications plans that align with and help deliver on these objectives
• Execute communication plans, securing high-impact coverage in relevant media outlets, developing messaging across communication platforms, and initiating other communications and/or public relations initiatives
• Create and manage profiles of key business leaders, including agents, executives, and company management
• Develop and foster relationships with key reporters to help achieve strategic objectives of clients and the business
• Manage time-sensitive news stories
• Prepare spokespeople for interviews and speaking engagements
• Provide direction and feedback to assistants and other staff
• Write and edit communications materials
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 8+ years of relevant communications experience (must include significant media relations experience; ideally includes corporate communications, internal communications)
• Entertainment experience strongly preferred; service business experience a plus
• Synthesizes information from business units or clients to develop and execute successful communication strategies
• Manages multiple demanding tasks while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
• Quickly grasps new concepts and is agile in working across diverse lines of business in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Exhibits a proactive, service-oriented and collaborative approach to identifying, creating and responding to opportunities
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and judgment, and builds relationships and trust at all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and writing/editing skills
CAA provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CAA will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform their essential functions unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the Company. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.