Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
Within CAA Brand Consulting we have 200+ specialists working with over 35 leading brands. In London our clients include the likes of Bose, Volvo, Gulf Oil, OPPO and Virgin Money. Our service offering spans across strategy, activation, comms, digital, event & hospitality.
There is also a unique culture within CAA; for a global agency it has a small agency feel, with a great sense of teamwork, ambition, empowerment and entrepreneurialism.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Account Manager to join our award-winning PR & Communications and Influencer & Talent teams to take a leading role on several high-profile sport & entertainment brands within the agency.
We are looking for candidates who have their finger on the pulse of culture with deep experience, relationships in, and understanding of sports, lifestyle and influencer communications.
The individual must be proficient in developing and delivering campaigns across a range of disciplines combining the best of communications and influencer management to ensure projects run smoothly, efficiently and hit the client's objectives.
This is an exciting role working on several new client opportunities as well as an established CAA Brand Consulting client, outlined below:
Volvo - PR, Comms & Talent:
Volvo has brand partnerships across sport, lifestyle, and sustainability, including a range of ambassadors and influencers. This role will involve providing PR & influencer support and tactical news generation to help drive advocacy amongst the brand's core audience. The role will require working closely with CAA's Volvo account team and the CAA Newsroom team to align on communications & talent priorities, providing strategic client counsel, creative ideas, and managing day-to-day communications activities, including: client management, media outreach, campaign development, and execution.
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge and passion for culture and sport, and a track record of placing interviews with ambassadors and spokespeople in earned media channels to grow awareness for our client's brand partnerships and tribe of influencers.
• Develop brand and influencer partnership communications strategy for clients, grounded in insights and analytics.
• Manage talent & influencer communications campaigns. From talent identification, negotiation and relationship management to campaign planning, content delivery, budget planning and measurement.
• Build and nurture long-term relationships with talent and influencers.
• Creative news generation and media relations.
• Project management including idea development, asset production, supplier liaison and logistics.
• Strategic monthly content planning and distribution.
• Writing briefs, creating media lists, marketing, and press materials.
• Day-to-day management of the account including reporting and evaluation.
• Support on internal briefs by identifying the appropriate talent/influencers to partner with.
• Attend industry networking events.
• Flexible to travel both in the UK and abroad.
• Must have previous agency or in-house experience.
• Partnership and lifestyle experience preferable.
• Excellent copywriting and communications skills.
• Experience managing brand communications in agency environment preferred.
• Experience with a broad range of media outlets including news & lifestyle.
• Ability to be creative and proactively surface story opportunities.
• Candidate should have previous work experience with talent & influencers.
• Confident presentation skills.
• Team player with the ability to work autonomously as required.
• Social media enthusiast with a working knowledge of all key platforms (Creator IQ and Crowd Tangle).
• Best in class client servicing, account handling and project management.
• Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxw86-3-231-230-177-42 in your application.