Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
A Legal Coordinator is sought for the Office of the Chief Legal Officer. Lawyers and law school grads with interest in employment law, or candidates with a paralegal certificate or paralegal background looking for exposure to employment law, are encouraged to apply. We are looking for a proactive, meticulously organized, very detail-orientated individual who manages the overall office for highly busy legal executives, who is comfortable working with individuals in a variety of roles both within and outside the agency, and who can handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Draft, format, redline and edit highly confidential agreements and correspondence, including employment, member service and severance agreements
• Communicate with agents and executives regarding highly confidential agreements
• Create and implement legal procedures and processes, as needed
• Gather facts, analyze and determine whether conflicts of interest have arisen per company policy
• Legal research and analysis with regard to employment law
• Participate in workplace investigations, as needed
• Support compliance projects with Human Resources, as needed
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, MS Word (e.g., redlining), Excel and Power Point, as well as Acrobat Adobe Professional
• Be proficient in NetDocs also known as NetDocuments
• Maintain various spreadsheets, charts and summaries
• Understand the workflow relationships both of the Office of the Chief Legal Officer and the agency at large
• Be familiar with basic legal concepts, like state and Federal legislation, contract law, administrative agencies, and arbitration
• Do legal research in support of legal compliance, including use of Westlaw and similar databases
• Utilize electronic signature and calendaring applications to ensure documents are executed, distributed and renewed
• Organize and update hard copy and electronic files, ensuring all relevant documents are quickly accessible
• Experience drafting and reviewing agreements is strongly preferred
• Must have Juris Doctorate or Paralegal Certificate/Legal Assistant Certificate
• Must have excellent time-management skills and be able to determine prioritization of short-term and long-term projects
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• This role is based in the Los Angeles office, on-site (Monday-Thursday and Friday depends on needs of manager).
Compensation: The base hourly rate for this position is in the range of $23.00-$34.00 . This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, wages may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reynp7-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.