Trust Accounting Operations Associate
Los Angeles, CA
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading full-service entertainment, media and sports agency. The Company represents many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, sports, theatre, video games and digital content. CAA also provides a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
CAA is seeking an Associate based in Los Angeles for a unique and highly visible position at the company, focused on driving CAA's evaluation and execution of M&A and investments. The candidate will join a nimble group of professionals with backgrounds in media & technology, investment banking, growth strategy, and private equity, who serve as in-house advisors to CAA's executive leadership. The candidate will be responsible for end-to-end execution, due diligence, financial analysis, and management of deals, partnering with various departments across the organization, including division heads and senior agents. The candidate will gain meaningful exposure to a wide array of projects across different sectors of the media and entertainment industry. The ideal candidate will excel at analyzing businesses, leveraging financial frameworks and models, building relationships, and executing transactions and projects.
Role & Responsibilities
• Evaluate potential acquisition and investment candidates and lead valuation analyses and due diligence processes
• Build financial models, including bottoms-up financial statements and valuation analyses
• Create and present investment and strategy memos
• Conduct ad hoc analyses and presentations for senior leadership
• Perform other critical tasks as directed
• Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate development / M&A, or similar roles (preferably with direct experience in the media, entertainment, or sports sectors)
• Interest in the media, entertainment and sports industries and a passion to learn
• Strong financial modeling skills for highly quantitative analyses
• Independent thinker with a point of view on the risks and rewards of new investment opportunities and strategic initiatives
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail in all deliverables
• Strong work ethic with a high level of responsiveness
• Ability to manage deadlines with a high level of responsibility and autonomy
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy70qq-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.