Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organisations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
We are seeking a proficient and personable Financial Controller, to be responsible for providing financial services which ensure an efficient, accurate & timely, Financial & Management Accounting function for our CAA UK business – which includes Music, TV & Publishing departments.
Main responsibilities to include:
• Ownership of CAA UK's general ledger and monthly close processes, including monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures.
• Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Management of the CAA UK accounting team, including mentoring, coaching, supervision and support with any day-to-day needs.
• Approve daily accounting entries across sales ledger/purchase ledger and cash transactions, and complete month end process preparing/reviewing journal entries and general ledger reconciliations.
• Oversee & review all financial schedules, ledgers and balance sheet reconciliations in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Oversee preparation of monthly management reporting packages for submission to Finance Director, CAA UK & International, adhering to month end deadlines. Including analysis of fluctuations in monthly operating results.
• Approve client and office bank payments up to certain thresholds.
• Management of cashflow requirements, preparation of high-level forecasts and FX currency sales.
• Review of aged debtors/creditors reports and monthly update presenting to Finance Director.
• Review of new deal contracts and application of revenue recognition policy.
• Ensure that all consultant retainers and T&E expenses are aligned to contracts and company policy.
• Assist with year-end group audit, and lead on local UK statutory audits for CAA UK (UK GAAP).
• Implement and maintain strong & effective financial controls and escalate issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Identify potential process efficiencies & contribute towards a high standard, continuous improvement culture.
• Maintain documentation of company-wide accounting policies and procedures.
• Review, assess and document accounting and financial reporting implications of complex transactions.
• Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary.
• Support the CAA Sports UK finance function as required.
• Qualified accountant, with strong analytics, a detail focused approach and broad technical comprehension including an understanding of UK and US GAAP.
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified; ideally 6+ years post qualification experience.
• Prior entertainment industry experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prior management experience is required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r78326-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.