The Financial Analyst will be responsible for analysis for their assigned Divisions including the monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis of revenues and operating expenses. The role includes detailed revenue tracking and analysis, participating in the development of the annual budget, quarterly forecasting, budget vs actual variance analysis, and ad hoc analysis as directed. The analyst will work closely with Finance leadership, as well as with contacts within their designated Divisions (to initially include the Sports Talent Representation and Sales Divisions).
The Financial Analyst's responsibilities include the following:
• Become a go-to financial resource for Finance leadership
• Assist in the preparation of the annual operating plan and quarterly revised forecasts by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger and Trust systems
• Prepare monthly P&L actual vs. budget analysis for Division and Finance leadership
• Provide high-quality ad hoc analysis and reports for Finance leadership as requested
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and complete improvement projects on own initiative and/or as requested by Management
• Track financial metrics to spot trends and communicate performance to Management
• Cultivate relationships within the assigned Divisions to build a robust communication network
• Stay abreast of industry trends and client activity
• Analyze and follow up regarding open/future bookings to ensure data accuracy, working closely with the A/R Trust group and key Division contacts
• Track and project client revenues by analyzing booking report and contract summary data, working closely with Division key contacts
• Respond to Management questions through research and analysis
• Provide management reports and analysis as requested
Scope includes comprehensive financial analysis of assigned Divisions as well as assignments directed by CAA Sports and Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis leadership
Education and Work Experience
BS or BA required with a concentration in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred. Two or more years of financial analysis and/or accounting experience required with Sports and/or Entertainment industry experience preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Finance required. Strong time management, decision-making, and interpersonal and communication skills required.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yonv-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.