Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
Passionate about the intersection of talent, brands and analytics? Have a natural aptitude toward storytelling through data? Join our growing Data Team as we provide advanced data solutions and strategic analysis to enhance the creation of opportunity for world-class clients across Film, TV, Music, Sports, Digital Media, Fashion and beyond.
CAA has an immediate opening for an Executive on our Data Insights team. In this role, you will be a member of a highly-motivated team responsible for providing impactful data and insights to business users (Agents, Executives, and client management teams) using cutting-edge data and analytical tools.
You will work closely with business unit stakeholders and technology teams to provide data that is accurate, congruent, contextualized, and actionable, and ensure information is easily available to users for direct consumption. It will be essential to your success that you build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables you to identify and address critical issues and opportunities. Together with the team you will educate and train business stakeholders to visualize, explore and understand information in new ways, generating compelling insights and competitive advantage for our clients.
The position will report to the Head of the Data Insights department.
• Serve as the lead analyst for all brand-facing groups – Commercial Endorsements, Global Client Strategy, Business Development and Brand Management.
• Act as a liaison between the Data team and business users (CAA Agents and Executives). Attend weekly meetings to discuss priorities and uncover strategic questions in order to predict business advantages. Provide input to business requirements for the design of optimum solutions to meet needs.
• Leverage proprietary analytics tools to demonstrate popularity and industry impact of our clients work to present to brands (e.g. social influence, audience demographics and affinities, project performance, public perception and more).
• Regularly present on ad hoc reporting and our data capabilities.
• Work with internal (cross departmental) and external stakeholders to develop and analyze data insights needs. Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various data sources.
• Lead initiatives for the Data Team from start to finish, while creating new, interesting, and innovative ways to analyze and interpret data.
• Collaborate effectively across all areas of the Data Team (Data Analytics, Data Science, Data Management and Data Engineering)
• In coordination with the data group, participate in workstream planning processes including gathering requirements, testing, delivery, and training of new analytics features.
• Train, mentor, and oversee day-to-day work of junior analysts on the Insights team.
• Contribute in the selection, evaluation and management of data vendor relationships.
• 5+ years of experience in data analysis working at an agency (advertising or talent), brand, streamer/network, entertainment data provider or consulting firm.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Systems, or specialized training/certification in related field preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; highly collaborative and inclusive team player with a service mindset.
• Detail-oriented and well-organized; able to work in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change.
• Expertise in mining and analyzing data from social, digital, and consumer research tools (e.g. Crowdtangle, Netbase, Brandwatch, Helixa, Nielsen, YouGov, MRI/Simmons, GWI, Parrot Analytics, Shareablee, Google Analytics, Comscore, first-party social media data, etc.).
• Experience in Business Intelligence analysis using modern Data Visualization tools (e.g., Power Bl, Tableau, Qlik)
• Fluency with social media platforms (especially Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook). Understanding of the digital influencer landscape including consumer trends and digital metrics.
• Ability to link insights to business strategy, and translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and able to create client-ready PowerPoint presentations.
• Contribute in the business requirements for new data analytic capabilities, participate in the design, testing and rollout of new analytic features.
• Committed to the data education of stakeholders, sharing of information, and empowerment through data.
It'll Be Helpful If You Have
• Experience working at the intersection of talent and brands.
• Experience managing and training junior analysts.
• Knowledge of research design and methods (e.g., focus groups, surveys, statistical analyses).
• Experience with Design Thinking or User Experience Design.
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9ko1-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.