Associate Director, Marketing
New York, NY
CAA Speakers offers a comprehensive roster of the most acclaimed speaker clients whose topics include business, cultural commentary, print and broadcast media, wellness and inspiration, and the arts and entertainment.
Committed to providing innovative ideas and solutions to our customers, CAA Speakers works with meeting planners and event managers to deliver the most appropriate and engaging personalities and collaborates with its clients to develop dynamic presentations that enlighten and inspire.
The Event Manager is a detail oriented and organized individual who successfully manages and executes multiple events simultaneously. This individual must work well under pressure and make tough decisions of significance in a timely manner. It is vital that this person is a creative thinker and remains positive and proactive at all times. They must demonstrate a sense of responsibility, independence, sociability, confidence, self-motivation, and flexibility.
The Event Manager works to ensure both Clients and Buyers have all their needs met before, during, and following each event. The Event Manager manages all event logistics, including travel arrangements, pre-event content calls, event briefings, among other things, and continually works to build, develop and maintain relationships with Clients and Buyers.
• Manage and represent clients post-booking through event.
• Work in partnership with Agent to align and execute against event strategy for clients.
• Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with Buyers.
• Negotiate, organize and implement special requests by Clients or Buyers, including riders, book signings, autograph sessions, and conference calls, etc.
• Review and approve marketing materials, including press releases, advertisements and publications relating to Client's participation in events.
• Act as a liaison between all parties and communicate accurate and comprehensive information to Clients, Buyers, teammates, and other internal departments.
• Remain current on Client biographies, topics, and styles to serve as point of knowledge for Buyers during the planning stages of their event.
• Ensure all aspects of Client's participation at events has been considered and discussed, in order to meet and exceed all parties expectations.
• Manage all aspects of Client's travel, including managing and negotiating travel budgets and additional expenses.
• Provide immediate support for any travel issues that arise, including during nights and weekends. This includes anticipating travel delays, developing contingency plans, and managing last minute or unforeseen complications.
• Create a comprehensive briefing through meticulous planning, in depth discussions, contract details and additional research as needed, to ensure all parties expectations are aligned and the event is flawlessly executed.
• Manage Client records to ensure the most up-to-date information is available to all members of the Speakers Department.
• Make independent decisions under high pressure circumstances in a cross-functional team environment.
• Travel to events and provide on-site support to Clients when required
• Assign daily tasks to Event Coordinator who works to support the Event Managers
• Deliver unparalleled service, providing 24/7 support, creating unmatched value and trust with Clients and Buyers.
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College or equivalent work experience preferred
• At least 3-5 years of experience with event planning and/or travel management
• Available to work an extended schedule, including weekends and evenings, according to demands of the workload. This role is on call 24/7.
• Customer service experience
• An aptitude for technology, media, and internet-based research and applications
• Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and CRM databases Experience that demonstrates the ability to multitask and constantly reprioritize workload.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in the lecture or travel industry a plus.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqbm1-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.